This recipe is packed with protein, omega-3 fats, fiber (especially soluble fiber, the kind that can help reduce cholesterol & stabilize blood sugars), & many vitamins & minerals. It's a quick, easy, & tasty dinner you can use any day of the week! Swap out vegetables to vary up this recipe (i.e. try brussels sprouts instead of asparagus, or beets instead of sweet potatoes)!
· 2, 4-oz fillet salmon
· 1 bunch asparagus, hard ends cut off
· 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
· ½lemon, sliced
· 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
· ½ tsp garlic powder
· 1 dash salt
· 1 dash pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Toss cut sweet potatoes with half of the olive oil and add salt/pepper to taste. Line evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. While sweet potato is cooking, prepare asparagus by tossing in remaining olive oil & garlic powder, & salt/pepper to taste. Sprinkle salmon with salt/pepper, drizzle with olive oil, and top with two slices of lemon.
5. When sweet potatoes are done baking, move to one side of the baking sheet. Line asparagus in an even layer over the bottom of the baking sheet then top with salmon filets. Bake for 10 minutes or until salmon is flakey.