Add vitamin A and a healthy dose of fiber to your next dessert menu by using this fun fall recipe!
· 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
· 2/3 cup sugar
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· Dash ground cloves
· 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
· In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add pumpkin and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in milk. Pour into eight ungreased 6-oz. custard cups.
· Place the cups in a 13x9-in. baking pan; add 1 in. of water to pan. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chill.