Fresh fruit is both healthy and sweet, perfect for your summer dessert menu. Try these Grilled Fruit Kabobs, and remember you can always adjust the combination of fruit to make this recipe your own!
1 cup cubed pineapple
1 cup cubed melon
1 cup apple, cut into 1 x 1 inch cubes
1 cup peaches, cut into 1 x 1 inch cubes 1 tablespoon canola oil 2 tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat grill to medium high.
2. Add fruit to skewers, alternating the fruit.
3. In a small bowl, combine honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.
4. Brush fruit kabobs with canola oil and add to grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Baste kabobs with honey mixture until grill marks are visible.
5. Remove kabobs and brush with left over honey mixture.
6. Serve warm. Enjoy!
You can also dip the grilled fruit into low-fat vanilla yogurt to add some more protein, calcium, and flavor.
Recipe modified from eatright.org.