Hearty Vegetable Slow Cooker Soup
Warm up with this healthy harvest soup recipe. Add vegetables of your choice to mix it up if you prefer!
· 2 cups cubed butternut squash**
· 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
· 2 large celery stalks, chopped
· 1 onion, diced
· 3 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
· 1 bay leaf
· 1 tsp. dried thyme
· 2, 15 oz. cans chicken broth
· 1, 15 oz. can cannellini beans
· 1, 15 oz. can red kidney beans
· 1, 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
· Salt and Pepper to taste
· 5-6 cups (or more) roughly chopped spinach
Suggested Toppings: 1 tbsp. store bought pesto and 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Add butternut squash, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, chicken broth and beans to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or LOW for 6 hours. Remove lid from slow cooker and add the salt and pepper, and diced tomatoes and chopped spinach. Let cook for another 10 minutes.
2. Remove bay leaf before serving. If desired, top with store-bought pesto and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
**Time Saver! Save time preparing for this recipe by purchasing pre-cut butternut squash at the grocery store.