Quick & Easy Breakfast Burritos
Have you ever had those chaotic mornings where you literally don’t have time to eat breakfast? Or maybe you wake up and don’t feel hungry for an hour or two? Whatever your situation may be, planning ahead and making these quick & easy breakfast burritos for the week can help you get a powerful breakfast that keeps you full all morning. It can even be a good idea for a quick, nutritious lunch or dinner option. Simply make these burritos ahead of time, pop them in the freezer, then reheat them for whatever meal you choose. Enjoy!
*Note: Wrap burritos in foil & add to freezer. Reheat for a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Keep in freezer up to 1 month.
· 12 eggs, scrambled
· 2 tsp olive oil
· 2-3 veggies of choice, chopped (this is a great way to get rid of produce that may be starting to go bad in your refrigerator)
· 1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed
· ¼ cup cheese
· 12 whole wheat tortillas
1. Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a pan until warm. Add in veggie choices and sauté until cooked. Remove from pan and put in bowl.
2. Add remaining olive oil to pan until warm. Add scrambled eggs to pan and cook 1 minute.
3. Add in beans, sautéed veggies, salt, pepper & other seasoning you may like to add. Cook until eggs are no longer runny.
4. Add about 1 cup of mixture to tortillas. Top with cheese, roll into a burrito, and wrap with tin foil. Or, enjoy right away with a side of salsa or mashed avocado.